Sunday, June 26, 2011

Welcome Aboard!

First off, I'm really new to this blogging stuff so please excuse me if I have some issues getting started.  This blog will be focused on my greeting card creations featured at Greeting Card Universe and Zazzle.com.  I'll be linking this blog to a few others and I'll provide a separate posting for that.

How did this all get started? Well, the simple answer is that I wanted to do something with my photography and growing interest in digital art/graphic design. I am far from professionally trained. I learn through trial and error, tutorials, inspiration of other people's works, and through a desire to see how I can apply my own work into it all. It stems from creating fan wallpapers for my favorite TV shows and movies where I would combine images of the stars into my own photographs. It also comes from a love of fractal art (Fractal Explorer and Apophysis) and just goofing around with digital post-processing programs like Fractalius and Fotosketcher. Sometimes I just can't leave an image alone or rescue otherwise "junk" images to give them new life.-+

I do want to take a moment to thank several artists over at GCU for offering encouragement, critiques and tutorials on how to create marketable greeting cards.  I hope you will visit their stores and see their work as I provide a public "thank you" for helping this newbie along.

Tom Comical Captions
Doreen Salon of Art
Corrie Corrieweb Card Store
Peggy DogBreedz Card Shop

There are others I know I am missing...

As to my store, here is where I am... Sunshine's Creative Endeavors. A good online friend Petra is also on GCU... find her store here... Katies Clever Card Store I'll be chatting more about Petie later on.

On June 25, my card was given the honor of Design of the Day. It's thinking ahead to Christmas as I have learned it best to design and begin marketing at least six months in advance of the occasion. I was tickled to death that this card was chosen and again must thank all who offered advice and critiques to get this card into the current form it is in. Click the card to purchase.

Well, that's it for now... stay tuned for future posts.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,

    Great job on your new blog! I'm sure you'll be and old pro at this in no time :-) Congrats again on your Design of the Day Award and it was kind of you to post a link to my store. Looking forward to your next Award Winning Card Premier!!

    Doreen Erhardt
    http://salonofart.wordpress.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/SalonOfArt
    http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/SalonOfArt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna - congratulations and welcome to the blogosphere!

    Looking forward to your future posts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of The Blog, Donna : )- Love your cat post - I'm sure you'll have many more great topics, in between your time designing more cards. Your DoD design is one of my favorites for the Holidays. And I thank you very much for the public shout out - very kind of you! Happy Fourth ...
    Peggy
    http://DogBreedz.net

    ReplyDelete